- School’s Almost Out for Summer! Sign up for HCF’s Time Travel Summer Camp!
- HCF Hosts Victorian Ladies Tea Party for Girl Scouts May 11 and 18!
- Richard Burts & Local Projects Recognized at HCF’s 2013 Preservation Awards Luncheon!
- HCF’s Annual Moonlight Cemetery and Iconography Tours at Elmwood Cemetery Return May 9!
- Mother’s Day Gift Guide From the Gift Shop at Robert Mills!
- 50th Anniversary of Historic Columbia Foundation
- A Call for Vendors
- African-American Heritage
- Camps in Columbia
- Capital Improvements
- Contests / Giveaways
- Employment at HCF
- Gift Ideas
- Hampton-Preston Gardens
- HCF In the News
- Historic Rental Properties
- Holiday Events in Columbia SC
- Lecture Series
- Mann-Simons Site
- Membership Benefits
- Museum Shop
- Press Releases
- Retrace: Connecting Communities Through History
- SC History
- Special Offers
- The Palladium Society
- This Week in History
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Woodrow Wilson Family Home
Subscribe By Email and Never Miss a Post!
VideoVisit our YouTube channel for more videos.
Category Archives: Archaeology
Historic Columbia Foundation is pleased to announce the completion of the Mann-Simons Outdoor Museum with the addition of interactive wayside signage and a new website, launched on February 13. “The installation of the wayside signage and the QR codes they … Continue reading
Anita Baker from The Columbia Star featured the Jubilee Panel Presentation and new Ghost Structures in her story African American sites in Columbia need to be preserved. Check out the article online here.
Friday afternoon WLTX News19 reporter Sydney Cummins visited the Mann-Simons Site to learn more about the recent additions to the property. The new (free) Outdoor Museum at the site will debut at the Foundation’s 34th Annual Jubilee Festival of Heritage … Continue reading
Among the many bones recovered from the archaeological excavations at the Mann-Simons site were those belonging to three raccoons. What do they mean? Most simply, the bones mean there were at least three raccoons on site for some portion of … Continue reading
Now that the fourth and final phase of excavations at the Mann-Simons Site is coming to a close, Historic Columbia Foundation has had the honor of being featured in the news for this notable project. Below you’ll find quick-links to … Continue reading
Guest post by Jakob Crockett, Archaeologist at Historic Columbia Foundation The fourth and final phase of archaeological excavations at the Mann-Simons Site is complete. For three months, Joseph Johnson and I excavated 386 square feet on the southwest corner of … Continue reading