- School’s Almost Out for Summer! Sign up for HCF’s Time Travel Summer Camp!
- HCF Hosts Victorian Ladies Tea Party for Girl Scouts May 11 and 18!
- Richard Burts & Local Projects Recognized at HCF’s 2013 Preservation Awards Luncheon!
- HCF’s Annual Moonlight Cemetery and Iconography Tours at Elmwood Cemetery Return May 9!
- Mother’s Day Gift Guide From the Gift Shop at Robert Mills!
- 50th Anniversary of Historic Columbia Foundation
- A Call for Vendors
- African-American Heritage
- Camps in Columbia
- Capital Improvements
- Contests / Giveaways
- Employment at HCF
- Gift Ideas
- Hampton-Preston Gardens
- HCF In the News
- Historic Rental Properties
- Holiday Events in Columbia SC
- Lecture Series
- Mann-Simons Site
- Membership Benefits
- Museum Shop
- Press Releases
- Retrace: Connecting Communities Through History
- SC History
- Special Offers
- The Palladium Society
- This Week in History
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Woodrow Wilson Family Home
Subscribe By Email and Never Miss a Post!
VideoVisit our YouTube channel for more videos.
Category Archives: Collections
As the Foundation continues it’s 50th Anniversary Year, we want to give you a closer look into our collection. Historic Columbia Foundation maintains a permanent collection of more than 6,500 historic artifacts. The collections span the 18th, 19th and early … Continue reading
The Free Times featured Historic Columbia Foundation’s latest addition to the collection, a circa 1858 Silver Fireman’s Speaking Horn, as well as the upcoming Cemetery Tours in the Arts Beat Blog on March 27. Check out the full article on the … Continue reading
Historic Columbia Foundation Receives Rare Artifact March 23, 2012 “Historic Columbia Foundation recently received an exciting addition to its permanent collection of historic artifacts – a circa-1858 silver fireman’s speaking horn. Embossed with images including a fireman’s helmet, axe, pike … Continue reading
Historic Columbia Foundation Receives Rare Circa-1858 Silver Fireman’s Speaking Horn in Celebration of the Foundation’s 50th Anniversary
Columbia, SC (March 19, 2012) – Historic Columbia Foundation recently received an exciting addition to their permanent collection of historic artifacts – a circa-1858 silver fireman’s speaking horn. Embossed with images including a fireman’s helmet, axe, pike and horse-drawn fire … Continue reading