- School’s Almost Out for Summer! Sign up for HCF’s Time Travel Summer Camp!
- HCF Hosts Victorian Ladies Tea Party for Girl Scouts May 11 and 18!
- Richard Burts & Local Projects Recognized at HCF’s 2013 Preservation Awards Luncheon!
- HCF’s Annual Moonlight Cemetery and Iconography Tours at Elmwood Cemetery Return May 9!
- Mother’s Day Gift Guide From the Gift Shop at Robert Mills!
- 50th Anniversary of Historic Columbia Foundation
- A Call for Vendors
- African-American Heritage
- Camps in Columbia
- Capital Improvements
- Contests / Giveaways
- Employment at HCF
- Gift Ideas
- Hampton-Preston Gardens
- HCF In the News
- Historic Rental Properties
- Holiday Events in Columbia SC
- Lecture Series
- Mann-Simons Site
- Membership Benefits
- Museum Shop
- Press Releases
- Retrace: Connecting Communities Through History
- SC History
- Special Offers
- The Palladium Society
- This Week in History
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Woodrow Wilson Family Home
Subscribe By Email and Never Miss a Post!
VideoVisit our YouTube channel for more videos.
Category Archives: Hampton-Preston Gardens
For the last five years, Historic Columbia Foundation has offered a FREE Scarecrows in the Garden Exhibit. This year the Hampton-Preston Mansion hosts more than 30 uniquely-crafted scarecrows from area businesses, schools, families and organizations. The family-friendly exhibit has been … Continue reading
Historic Columbia Foundation is seeking handcrafted historical, ghoulish or traditional scarecrows for their annual Scarecrows in the Garden Contest, sponsored by Palmetto Parent magazine. The deadline to enter the contest is September 24, 2012. All scarecrows will be displayed on … Continue reading
Last week The State newspaper visited the Robert Mills and Hampton-Preston properties to take a look around the newly completed garden projects. Both properties underwent major changes to their landscapes during the last six months. Read about the newly installed … Continue reading
Historic Columbia Foundation’s Hampton-Preston Garden Rehabilitation project was recently featured in Carolina Gardener magazine. Click here to read more about the Hampton-Preston Garden Project.
We had the privilege of being a guest on Walter Edgar’s Journal to discuss the rehabilitation of the Hampton-Preston Garden (currently underway). The interview aired on March 16, 2012. Listen to the podcast on the ETV website here. Continue reading … Continue reading