- School’s Almost Out for Summer! Sign up for HCF’s Time Travel Summer Camp!
- HCF Hosts Victorian Ladies Tea Party for Girl Scouts May 11 and 18!
- Richard Burts & Local Projects Recognized at HCF’s 2013 Preservation Awards Luncheon!
- HCF’s Annual Moonlight Cemetery and Iconography Tours at Elmwood Cemetery Return May 9!
- Mother’s Day Gift Guide From the Gift Shop at Robert Mills!
- 50th Anniversary of Historic Columbia Foundation
- A Call for Vendors
- African-American Heritage
- Camps in Columbia
- Capital Improvements
- Contests / Giveaways
- Employment at HCF
- Gift Ideas
- Hampton-Preston Gardens
- HCF In the News
- Historic Rental Properties
- Holiday Events in Columbia SC
- Lecture Series
- Mann-Simons Site
- Membership Benefits
- Museum Shop
- Press Releases
- Retrace: Connecting Communities Through History
- SC History
- Special Offers
- The Palladium Society
- This Week in History
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Woodrow Wilson Family Home
Subscribe By Email and Never Miss a Post!
VideoVisit our YouTube channel for more videos.
Category Archives: This Week in History
We’re taking another look back in history during our 50th Anniversary year as we share another “This Week in History” highlight – this time from The State and The Columbia Record. The article, published on February 25, 1962 was written … Continue reading
On February 4, 1960, The Columbia Record published an article about three historic buildings in Columbia – the Theological Seminary Building (now known as the Robert Mills House), the Mills-designed State Hospital Building, and the DeBruhl-Marshall House. The article read, … Continue reading
On January 14, 1962 an article ran in The State newspaper with the following question appearing above the headline: “Will the home of Ainsley Hall Be Saved?” The article, entitled “A Merchant Prince and His Mansion 138 Years Ago” paints … Continue reading